About Providence Health Care
The Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods have been a part of the Terre Haute community since 1840. In 2012, the Sisters opened Providence Health Care skilled nursing facility to the public; thereby introducing the same standard of excellence previously provided exclusively for their own, to the citizens of the Wabash Valley, and surrounding areas.
Patients of Providence Health Care at the Woods will share in these blessings:
- A facility with a 5-Star rating by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Voted Best Nursing Facility by US News and World Report 2014-2020
- 2019 Best Nursing Home in the Tribune Star Reader’s Choice Awards
- Spacious, private rooms with a quiet and homelike atmosphere
- A beautiful and peaceful campus
- Highly professional and dedicated health care team
- Dementia Certified Staff
- Member of the Indiana LeadingAge Indiana Association.
- Industry leading rehab center that includes inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational, speech, respiratory and aquatic therapy services
- 1861 sisters take charge of Indianapolis hospital “The nuns of the battlefield” DC memorial
- 1922 Lourdes built – was initially infirmary but has now transitioned to an assisted living
- 1876 The sisters created St. Ann’s orphanage
- 1844 Saint Mother Theodore Guerin sets up first pharmacy in the area
- 1983 Health care facility dedicated
- 1997 St. Ann’s created to serve poor
- 2012 The Sisters opened Providence Health Care, skilled nursing facility, to the public
To learn more about the Sisters of Providence click here.